Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Service

I just thought of this today running up the stairs after taking my shower... and here I am.

The other day I was talking to a friend about things that made us happy and we decided to start a list. One of the things on her list was service. I didn't think about it but yesterday I decided I wanted service on my list too.

Problem: Is it bad to make service conditional? Obviously the answer is yes, but I realized I prefer giving service when it is most convenient for me. However, I find service more rewarding and satisfying when I give service randomly and not necessarily when it's most convenient.

Example: Shoveling someone's driveway because you're already out doing your own. OR Shoveling someone's driveway on a regular basis because you know they can't do it for themselves and it makes their lives that much easier.

That is just the first one that came to my mind because it's something that I actually do, but there are dozens of other ways I wish I could give service for the right reasons, not just because it happens to be convenient for me at the time.

Moral: Give service out of love for your fellow man.

No comments:

Post a Comment