Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

My weekend in Utah

We've all heard the expression, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans". Man, ain't that the truth.

Sampson, a kid at Utah State, just said that that's a lie. He doesn't make plans. But... that's not what this is about. I was going to say that I've been having a pretty chill past couple of days. Last weekend I went down to Provo to see some old friends from last semester before I go to the MTC. One morning I got sick, so my plans really didn't happen at all. That's life. However, I still had a good time and got to see some friends.

I also got to go to the BYU vs. UNLV game while I was in Provo. AWESOME! I have missed BYU basketball games so much! They just aren't the same when you're sitting on your couch. I'm glad my team was able to pull out the win for my last game (in the arena) for a couple years. GREAT game. Jimmer Fredette is still a machine.

Sunday night I drove up to Utah State from Provo. The drive wasn't anything special, duh. The canyon is pretty ugly, but whatever. Last night I came to my friend DJ's apartment and watched the Super Bowl for a little bit and ate some food (Go Packs!! Glad the Steelers didn't win... tools!) Then I went over to the Towers and hung out with some people. I was playing guitar (cause I always play the guitar) and this random kid some of my friends know, we'll call him "White" so as not to disclose his identity, gave a ridiculous opinion about me. I don't really care what people think of me, but this kid was ridiculous. He told my friend Becca that I am a pretty good guitar player, not a great singer (I admit, I'm mediocre, but the kid didn't hear me sing anyway, so how does that work?), and some other stuff like I'm not outgoing for fun at all. Okay? And not to go crushing on Premies (pre mission guys) because they just go and leave. I'm sorry White, but you missed on pretty much everything. You can't give someone your opinion on a person you just met, it doesn't work like that. (Bytheway, everyone else that I met that night liked me... so...). Anyway, now that I'm done with White, my evening was still pretty good. Until life happened.

We were hanging out, we made muddy buddies, we were talking, watching videos, etc. then my stomach decided to freak out with my stupid acid reflux and I felt terrible, but I had to leave cause I thought I might throw up, and I felt horrible for leaving early, but life happens. I had a great experience back at DJ's apartment though, so I obviously left for a good reason, I just didn't know why at the time.

I'm looking forward to the rest of my stay here in Logan with my friends and then to go home and finish getting ready for my mission. I'm so excited and ready to go! That's my update... sorry it's been so long, and it was kind of whiny there in the middle...

No comments:

Post a Comment