Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Farewell Weekend. But not Farewell for me.

So last weekend I had my farewell. It was a really great weekend!

On Saturday a couple friends from Provo came up. I was so excited to see them! My family came over and we all watched the BYU game (we won). Then we hung out for a bit. We went out and got some Frozen Yogurt (delicious) and later that night we played games as a family. Great times! Then some friends from Utah State came over and we played more games until about 1:30 and then we all hit the hay.

Sunday morning was great! My dad made breakfast, delicious! And then I played Wii with friends and family. Good times. Then there was a mad rush to get everything I needed done! I had all of my family from Utah in my house, which was crazy! Plus my family and two friends who spent the night. I had to try to figure out what to wear since my suit pants were getting tailored, then I had to change some buttons on the cardigan I wore (THANK YOU GRANDMA!) and printed off my talk.

The actual speaking part of the farewell went really well! I had the opportunity to speak with one of my former young men's leaders. It was a great experience! I did cry in my farewell... I really didn't want to cry in my farewell, but I did anyway. After I finished, one person (no name said), came up to shake my hand and the first thing he said was "it was one plan...." and proceeded to correct my talk. He never said good job, congratulations, I enjoyed your talk, or anything like that. He only corrected me. That made me feel wonderful. Everyone else seemed to like my talk, but I don't think anyone would tell me they hated it...

The food was fantastic (thanks Mom and Grandma! and everyone else who made something). The rest of the afternoon I spent saying goodbyes, "see you soon"s, and spending some time with friends and family for maybe one of the last times in a couple years or longer. I'm really looking forward to entering the MTC next week! It still feels like it's a long ways away though!

1 comment:

  1. My dear Andrew.
    I truly did love your talk. And I cried through the whole thing, and through at least a third of the car ride home. And I didn't know your morning that morning was so crazy! Good thing we didn't come over beforehand then. We were planning on it, but then we woke up late. But you pulled the talk off wonderfully.
    Love always,
    Becca
    (P.S.) Seven days is not a long time!

    ReplyDelete