Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Grammys

So I recorded the Grammys last night and watched them this morning. Since when do you get 5,000 performances and 2 award winners? Seriously, they only showed between 5 and 10 of the awards that were won out of like what, 100? I mean, I realize we don't care about all of the awards out there, but do you really think I want to take the time to go to the website and search for the awards I was interested in? Lame!

Now on to the performances... Lady Gaga... What the crap!? Number 1, what was up with your spiky shoulders!? I still can't figure out what that was about, other than Lady Gaga being. well. Lady Gaga.The song was alright. But the Grammys are about MUSIC, not the dancing or the background dancers with you. When I watch Grammy performances I do it to hear people SING well, not watch some weird choreography in weird costumes. Thanks for ruining that one Lady Gaga. When Aretha Franklin was on the Grammys (no, not in the 70s, just within the last decade) what did she do? She stood there and sang her dang song! And SHE actually sang it. The recording didn't have to come in cause she was being doing some stupid dance move that doesn't make any sense. I will never like Lady Gaga, I'm sorry.

There were some AWESOME performances though. Personally, I'm a fan of Eminem. I liked both of the songs he did. He is seriously one of the greatest rappers ever, even if you don't like him. I really enjoyed Muse's performance as well. Although, again, I don't understand the dancing part on the stage. Mumford and Sons were pretty awesome as well. One of my favorite performances was a short little diddy called "Jolene" performed by Norah Jones, John Mayer, and Kieth Urban. Pretty legit.

Needless to say, overall the Grammys were good, I just wish I could see a few more award winners, a lot less dancing, and a lot less Lady Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment