Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

RayBan say WHAT?

So today was... exciting I guess. I got to go around and do some more stuff for my mission. I thought I'd be done by now, but I guess not. I had to go to the court house to get a criminal background check and then I had to send it to the Secretary of the State of Idaho to get a Certificate of Authentication (whatever that is?) and then I got finger-printed (I still don't know why). After all that court house business I went to the mall to get some more of my pants for my mission, then I went and got my new glasses (some SICK RayBan's).

Unfortunately, my RayBan's have a crack type thing in them so I've gotta take them back in tomorrow to get new lenses before I leave, but I need them to be mint before I leave for two years. So I'm gonna do that tomorrow. But I'm still stoked that I got the RayBan's.

After all that I went and got a flu shot. The shot didn't hurt at all, but a couple hours later it definitely doesn't feel good. It's kind of sore and tight but nothing I can't handle. Then I did a whole bunch of other stuff that really wasn't that exciting (I don't think). Until the BYU basketball game. Jimmer was a machine again. The final score was BYU 90 - AFA 51. Jimmer had 25 points (he would have had more but they took him out with over 3 minutes to go. Lame.) But the win was awesome.

There was a damper on the day though... My little sister has been complaining the last couple days about not being able to take a car to school. I really don't think it's that big of a deal. She has someone who is able and willing to TAKE her to school, someone who can take her to LUNCH, and someone who can go and PICK HER UP. Where's the problem? Also, the car she wants to take deprives 2 other people of the ability to do anything (myself and my mother). My mom works, and I have errands to run during the day before my mission. So why should the car go and sit, unused, for 7 and half hours on the street? Ya, exactly. If you hadn't crashed the car, it wouldn't be as much of a problem. That sounds really mean. I love my sister a lot, but no matter how hard my parents and I try to reason her through why she doesn't need the car at school, she still gets upset and complains. It just doesn't make any sense logically, at all. Done complaining now.

On the positive (or negative side, depending on how you look at it), I have less than 2 weeks before I enter the MTC in Provo. I am so excited to start this incredible journey in my life! I've been waiting for this for 19 years, and I've been waiting to go to the MTC to serve in Guatemala for over 4 months. That is a LONG time waiting, especially when you know where you're going and don't have anything else to do with your time. SO STOKED!!

Peace and blessings, peace and blessings. (If you are unfamiliar, view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtkU2ch0sRI ) SO funny.

1 comment:

  1. It must be a "youngest child with a license" thing cuz my little brother did the EXACT same thing when he was her age! Completely impossible to reason with about it too... lol

    ReplyDelete