Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 26, 2012

The subject line is VERY off color, I know... but let me explain. Later.

Last Monday night we did divisions to cover 2 appointments we had at 6 and I went with a member named Josue to visit Isabel, Cristofer, and Susan Gramajo. It was a really good lesson! Isabel originally said she wanted us to come back more than anything to teach her kids, but as we continue to teach, especially the message of the Restoration, she becomes more interested in knowing the message and also recognized the importance of having a testimony of the First Vision.

On Tuesday we had a lesson with a man named Ruben Ramos, who is the roommate of a member named Alex Juárez. For the moment, Ruben is listening to us because he wants to practice his english and I'm giving the lessons in English, but at the same time I'm sure he will recognize the value of our message and want to know if it's really true. It was really weird to teach in English though. I found that pretty much during the whole lesson I was thinking in Spanish and translating to English.

Wednesday was a long day with what seemed like little success. We had district meeting like normal, which was really good, and then the whole afternoon - nothing. At 6 I taught Ruben once again lesson 1. He wanted me to repeat it so that he could practice the vocabulary and double check his understanding. He understood the lesson better the second time around. After that lesson we saw Victor Jimenez and he invited us over to eat with them and they gave us pupusas and a root beer! So good!

Our plans for Thursday were excellent... but once again almost everything fell through. But, we were able to have another lesson with Estuardo Polanco! We hadn't had a lesson with him for almost 2 weeks... He's started to read the Bible recently because he wants to have a little bit of a concept of the Bible before he starts reading the Book of Mormon, which is understandable... In our lesson with read 3rd Nephi 11 to get him started in the Book of Mormon/spark his interest in reading it. I think he will soon be able to see the true value of the Book of Mormon in our lives. I also think we will be able to see him a little more often now.

After weekly planning on Friday we had divisions with the Zone Leaders. Elder Henriquez went to their area with Elder Matus and I stayed in my area with Elder Richins. Elder Richins is a stud. Love that guy! He's from Logan and has 18 months in the mission. Anyways... usually when you go on divisions almost ALL of your plans fall through.. well, that held true for us too. But, we did have some good lessons that weren't planned. One of the lessons we had was with a less-active woman named Lorgia. We read with her 2 Nephi 4:15-35 and talked about how we can learn from our various trials and learn to overcome them through the experiences of Nephi. I absolutely love 2 Nephi 4! It has been one of my favorite chapters since my sophomore or junior year in high school! Real Spirit lifter!

As for the rest of the week (Saturday and Sunday), the information is not in my journal yet and is in my old agenda... so I'll talk about what I remember... Sunday.

After lunch we did divisions with some members and Elder Henriquez and lots of success on his division, and I had nothing. We went to every single plan and stuff that wasn't written down and... nothing. So, we ended up doing some contacting... but, Elder Henriquez had 2 lessons! Afterwards, we went to Alex Juarez's house to celebrate with him his birthday, which was nice, just the 3 of us... and then Ruben came down right as we were getting ready to share with Alex our message.... so Ruben got a little bit of the 2 Nephi 4 action! And he found it very interesting and uplifting! I'm hoping we can really spark his interest to read the Book of Mormon and not just listen to us teach him in English.

Now, as for the "I'm Fertile"... well... On Saturday night at 10:28 I got a phone call from the ZLs telling me the wonderful news... I'm going to be a dad! or, in lay terms, I'm going to train. I was talking to Elder Llewelyn the other day and he is going to be training again as well and the words he used were "I'm fertile" and hence, my usage of the title "I'm fertile". I'm really excited to train! Especially with the 12 week training program that I started 11 months ago! 11 months ago tomorrow, actually, that I entered the field! That is SO crazy! I'm going to pass 14 months, 1 year in the field, 15 months, and 16 months with my son!(trainee). That's so crazy! But, I'm super excited to be able to train! It's going to be a LONG fun experience, but I'm excited to be here in Las Victorias... we're really going to start seeing some success in the near future, I feel! The Lord is really prepared to bless us as we put forth all of what we have!

Love,

Elder Andrew A. LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment