I know that it's pretty obvious that my companion was going to be an Elder, but I didn't want to tell you right away. But, my companion's name is Elder Hatch from Spring Creek, Nevada, and he is SUPER excited to be out here and serving with me! It's a great reminder to me about how much I love being a missionary!!

So, last Tuesday I was in training for trainers and their new missionaries all afternoon. It was really cool to be back in the process of what I started nearly a year ago. It was even cooler because my trainer, Elder Nelson, was the one talking to us about the training program, and he and I (among 6 other missionaries) were the first ones to train and be trained using this program. It was exciting to see how much this program has changed his mission and how much I learned from him based on this program and remember all about it. The Lord works in mysterious ways! 

On Wednesday morning I got to the change conference and I found my new companion, who you now know is Elder Hatch and we took a couple family pictures... Elder Nelson, myself, and Elder Hatch, and then Elder Llewelyn and his new comp(Elder Kilts), myself and Elder Hatch. So, that was pretty fun! Then we got back to our apartment, slightly got settled in, bought some groceries, ate lunch, planned, and WENT TO WORK! Even in his first day we had some work to do! We were able to teach a less-active family, an investigator, and visit some members to give a blessing. What a great first day! It reminded me a LOT of my first day, to be honest. 

On Thursday we started doing our study program, 4 hours a day! It's been hard to go back to 4 hours of study, but it's definitely a blessing! We went out and go to work! We did some contacting, we went to citas, did more contacting and found a new investigator, tought a few less atives, and taught a lesson to an investigator. Last week (The 28th of March) we started teaching a friend of a member named Ruben. Like I said last week, he originally was interested because he wanted us to teach him in English. However, in our lesson with him on Thursday and Friday, his attitude has completely changed and has become more and more interested in learning the doctrine behind our message and so we are starting to teach him in Spanish as well as English. The Lord truly does bless those who seek diligently to carry about His work upon the earth.

Time is up. Sorry.

Love,
Elder Andrew Anderson LaPray