Sorry about the wonderful "title"... I just don't know what to write in titles anymore! I've been writing for a LONG time now... I just can't come up with anything interesting anymore!!!

On Wednesday the 14th we didn't have district meeting, like we would normally have, because we had interviews with President and Sister Watts on Friday. Around 4 we had a great lesson with a man named Raul. We've been teaching him for about 2 and a half or 3 months, but he's really hard to find. He is actually reading the Book of Mormon and we invited him to keep reading from the beginning and he keeps going. 

On Thursday we had a REALLY good turn out to our weekly activity, "Tarde de Hermanamiento" of about 20 or so people! And after the activity we stayed at the member's home to teach his son Jared, who has a baptismal date for December 7th, and we taught him about the Plan of Salvation. He is progressing quickly and should be great for his baptism on the 7th, as well as his 8 year old sister! 

Friday was also a really good day!!! My old CCM companion Elder Willardson is the new AP, so I was able to see him, after not seeing him in almost a year! It was fantastic to see him and be able to talk to him about life, and more importantly our companionship and my responsiblities as a district leader! It was really cool! I also had a great interview with Sister Watts. I would like to quote my journal.

"She asked me, 'What kind of missionary do you think I think you are?' To sum it up I said I think she thinks I'm an excellent missionary. Hna. Watts told me everything I needed to hear and more. She took me by the hand and told me more or less the following: She thinks I'm one of the best missionaries they have, that I love my investigators and my companion and all of the people in Guatemala, that I know why I'm here, I'm diligent, hard-working, and that I'm one of the best trainers they have. As she told me everything she felt about me, I couldn't help but cry. The connection I feel with President and Sister Watts is the most unique blend between parents and grandparents. I love them both with all my heart! I anxiously await the day I can give Sister Watts a hug... 

"Hna Watts also asked me to share something about me with her. I told her what instruments I play and how 3 months ago I was 'bothered' by not being ZL, but not anymore. I also shared that with President.

"As usual, my interview with President Watts was fantastic. Today he asked me what kind of progress I have had personally, or something like that. I mentioned to him the lesson plans I have been making that have really helped me, even though I have almost 21 months. We also talked quite a bit about goals and having the end goal in mind and working plans backwards... 

"To finish the interview I asked to renew my temple recommend. I thought it might take 10-15 minutes, but it was a very quick interview. In spite of being a short interview, I could truly feel the Spirit as President asked me the interview questions and I responded with all confidence. I'm not sure why, but certain questions seemed to ring more powerfully. As he asked the last question, Do you consider yourself worthy to enter the House of the Lord?, I took a moment to reflect and feel the Spirit testify that I consider myself worthy."

The rest of our day was just incredible! I was happy all afternoon! Nothing could get me down! Our second to last lesson was a visit with Raul and then we went to familia Mota to begin teaching Darlyn, their 9 year old daughter, the missionary lessons. Somehow we were talking(before the lesson started) about having good companions, and Elder Bobadilla said, "I'm such a good companion, I grabbed your wallet when you dropped it, Elder LaPray" as he handed me a wallet... However, it was not mine! My wallet was safely in my back pocket! When we were with Raul, he saw a wallet, that looks almost exactly like mine, underneath the chair where I was sitting and grabbed it, thinking it was mine... It was HILARIOUS to see the look on his face when he realized that he had not picked up my wallet, but rather "stolen" Raul's wallet! SO FUNNY! Or maybe just if you were there...

Yesterday was District Conference and we got to the church at 7 to drive up to Santa Elena for the conference. We ended up leaving at almost 8, but we arrived in about an hour! It was a quick and comfortable bus ride. However, this week the youth are going to the temple to do baptisms and so they all had to have interviews with the district presidency and that took up almost ALL afternoon, and since we all came together, we were stuck at the church until almost 5:30 or 5:45 pm!! We got back to Sayaxché at 7:10 p.m.! It was a long day, but an excellent week! I love my mission and it is going to be weird when it is all over! On Friday I hit 21 months, and as of today, I have 100 days left! (NO! I'm NOT trunky! I just like math :)

Love,

Elder Andrew A. LaPray