Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012


A baptism in a river
Inbox
x

Andrew LaPray
2:05 PM (23 minutes ago)

This week has been great! I love Sayaxché! Even though it's a little hot sometimes, it's a great area and we have been blessed this week!

I wish I had the time to be able to talk about all of the things that have happened this week, but I kind of get caught up doing other random stuff and then I forget that I still have to write the family. Sorry!

On Wednesday we had a GREAT inspired district meeting, if I may say so myself! It was actually an awesome experience! While I was preparing the district meeting I started preparing a message about the Book of Mormon, but after about 15 minutes I felt that that wasn't right so I stopped and prayed for guidance, and began planning another message. At the end of my study session I was still a little unsure so I followed the counsel of D&C 9:8-9 and after having studied out the problem I prayed and asked God if it was right. I believe that for the first time I had had an experience of that type. As I knelt to pray I felt a small clenching of my heart, but as Iasked Heavenly Father if this message was right and what the district needed to hear, I felt a relief come over me and unleash my heart and I felt the Spirit witness to me that this was the message the Lord wanted me to share with everyone! It turned out to be a great district meeting!

The baptism on Thursday turned out great! Even though it was on the other side of the river we had 37 people come! Almost the amount of people we have come to Sacrament meeting!! It was pretty fun to get into the river to perform the baptismal ordinance! There was a LOT of mud going down into the river, and we even had stairs to walk on! Everything seemed to be just right for the moment! And around 6 p.m. we had a great lesson with Raul and I wish I had more time to write about it, but I don't!

On Friday while we were in a lesson with some new investigators the pastor from another church walked in to visit them as well!! Talk about nuts! That was definitely not what we were expecting to happen! However, it was a "relaxed" situation, but he still wasn't very fond of our presence, even though we were there first. However, we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read it.

GAH! Time is running out! On Saturday we put a baptismal date with the 12 year old son of a recently activated member to be baptized on the 7th of December, his birthday! We are pretty excited about that and are going to be working lots with him over the next month to prepare him for baptism!

Sunday was another great day and I really wish I had more time to write about it all! The work in Sayaxché is progressing and E. Bobadilla and I are praying and working for success!

Love,

Elder Andrew A. LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment