We'll just get straight to the point. Elder Hatch and I had our first 2 baptisms together on Tuesday and the confirmations yesterday! It was absolutely fantastic. No words are such as those that I wrote in my journal, so I'll just give you all that long quote from Tuesday :)

"This morning we had Gilda and Marian's baptismal service. We had between 18-25 people present, which was great! Olga and Gloria gave the messages, both of which were very good. I baptized Marian first. Upon stepping into the water it was fairly cold, but then I didn't feel the water at all. The ordinance went down flawlessly and you could see the smile on her face, the same with Gilda. They were also surprised at how quickly the actual ordinance is over, even though we had practice before.

"After the ordiance and the welcome to the Relief Society and the ward, Edder (our ward mission leader) invited Elder Hatch, Gilda, Marian, and I to share our testimonies. First I passed and then Elder Hatch, and then Gilda. yesterday after Gilda had her interview with Elder Richins, Elder Richins just said, "She's pilas" and I didn't understand until today. As Gilda got up, she began to tell us all of her spiritual journey. For years missionaries had passed by her house and she always said, "No, gracias." But when Olga asked her if we, the missionaries, could pass by, she decided to listen and see what happened. She remember perfectly how we passed by once and left her the lesson 1 pamphlet. A week later we passed by again and found her outside on the step of her house and asked what she had read, and she remembered. She wasn't feeling well that night and her sister asked us to say a prayer for her, so we passed inside and offered a prayer, and then we left. 2 or 3 weeks later we stopped by again, but Gilda was sick. The week after she was with us again and mentioned how ever since we started visiting them she has felt a peace she has never felt in her life, but after a few days she would go back to the old feeling, and when we passed by, the peace returned. We told her this peace would stay with her as she read the Book of Mormon and it did. She says that for her, we are like angels sent from God. She has a firm testimony that the Book of Mormon gives us peace and tranquility. I am humbly grateful with my Heavenly Father for having been a part of Gilda's spiritual journey towards her and our Heavenly Father."

I previously told Marian's story, but she too has a firm conviction of the truthfulness of this message and she shared her story again in the baptism.  "As she told the story again, you could see a big smile on Marian's face that radiated happiness. As with Gilda, I am extremely grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted these two daughters into the hands of Elder Hatch and myself. It was probably one of the best baptismal services, if not the best, of my mission.

"Later this afternoon we stopped by to see how they felt and Gilda mentioned to us once again how we were like little angels, and that for the first few weeks, she didn't even take note of our physical appearance until Marian mentioned it later. It just proves that it truly is the Spirit of the Lord which brings about such a mighty change in people. Today was absolutely FANTASTIC! Baptism days are always fantastic, but today was even more so."

And that is the end of another journal. Not journal entry, but rather my second journal! Well.. it actually ends in my testimony, but the email isn't over yet :)

On Thursday I was sick, so I spent the whole day in the house, which is always pretty boring for Elder Hatch, but the apartment is clean now ;) It's a nice way to get out of cleaning (totally kidding! I was really sick!) The rest of the week rather paled in comparison to the baptism, until Sunday morning when we had the confirmation of Gilda and Marian. On Sunday morning we took them each their brand new sets of scriptures with their names embossed in gold. Awesome! The bishop performed both confirmations, which was absolutely great. It was very sweet to see Marian crying after her confirmation. I know that for both her and her mother this whole experience has been life changing and very spiritual! I hope it is something they will ALWAYS remember!

"I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true and living church of Christ. We are leaded and guided by a living prophet. THere is no greater cause than that of the work of the Lord, and to bring to pass the eternal life of man. I know the Bible and the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I have found strength and comfort in their holy pages and I know that whosever shall read them with real intent will find Heaven's answer. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Love,
Elder Andrew A. LaPray