For starters, I am writing today, instead of yesterday, because our Zone Activity this change was a temple visit, and since the temple is closed on Mondays, Pday got switched to Tuesday this week. Just so you know. For those of you who believe that my former companion, Elder Hatch, got an emergency change to San Antonio, Texas... you're wrong. I know that I never explained that it was San Antonio GUATEMALA... but I thought it was kind of self-explanatory because we're in Guatemala... we speak Spanish... and San Antonio is a Spanish name. I realize, poor explanation on my part. Elder Hatch was switched from "Barrio Las Victorias" to "Barrio San Antonio" always within the "Estaca Las Victorias" (stake). He's literally like, 4 stones throws from our old area... maybe 6, depending on the stone and who throws it.

This last week has been really good, kind of hectic, but good. About a month ago I bought a Rubix cube in the market... and for about 1 month of slowly been trying to remember how to solve it and put it all together. (I'll have you all know, I did remember, but because I came up with my own pattern :) In this I thought the following "Perhaps some people might say, 'What's the fun if you already know how to do it?' or perhaps the question of the puzzle table, 'Why again?' I know that once or twice I have had similar thoughts in reference to the scriptures, or Sunday School classes. The pieces will always be the same, and there is only one correct end result, but we do it just a little bit differently each time. And each time you come out with the same final product, but always with a satisfying feeling of accomplishment and very likely a previously unseen detail or a way of seeing it. As for my special case in the Rubix cube, it is like our previously earth life. We already learned how to solve it. In the Pre-mortal Existence, we each learned of and accepted the Plan of Salvation and learned and grew line upon line, and precept upon precept. However, in this life we must remind ourselves of all the information we previously knew. Another comparison could be that, with the table puzzle, or with the Rubix cube, we know what we are hoping for as the final result, a beautiful scenery perhaps, or 6 sides each with its corresponding color. The thing we must do is figure out how to get to the end, which we do by trial and experience, but with a guide, the Holy Scriptures." Maybe I'm nuts, or not good at forming all of my thoughts... I would love it if someone would like to organize that a little better for me.

Not to be morbid or anything, or speak bad about Guatemala... but this last week, on Tuesday, I saw a dead person due to murder for the first time in my life. It was a very sad, heartpressing emotion that I would not wish upon any human soul. Don't worry, we were not around with the shots were fired, we arrived several minutes later.

I don't know why, but I just don't really feel like talking a whole lot about my week... it was a good week, just not anything to talk about in the email. However, in reference to the Subject...

Yesterday, Elder Flores and I had to go to the central mission office so that the doctor could check out something on Elder Flores's neck... no big. However, while we were there I saw none other than Andy Hulse, from Idaho Falls. A lot of you are thinking "and he is...?" Well, Andy Hulse was in my seminary class my senior year and I've known him since his sophomore year, my junior year, and he just got into the mission field last week! With the exception of Brock, that's the first time I've seen someone I know from back home here in Guatemala!! So I walked out of the office and he was chilling in the lobby and said, "I didn't know you were here!" and then we hugged. It was SO good to see someone else from back home. We talked for about 15-20 minutes about life back home, friends on missions, and everything! It was SO cool! And the best news of all, is that he told me that someone I knew in high school was baptized about 2 months ago, just before Andy went into the MTC! It's great to know that the gospel work is going forth with people I knew from high school as well!!

Love,
Elder Andrew A. LaPray