(Forewarning... this is sarcasm)... I wasn't sure which was more important, the fact that my journal writing was back on track(sort of) or that we were going to have 2 baptisms, so I put them both!

On Tuesday we had a conference with Elder Richard J. Maynes of the Presidency of the 70. Our conference with Elder Maynes was really good. It was in Montufar. As we sang "Somos Los Soldados" (We Are All Enlisted translated to We Are the Soldiers) I thought, "I felt the Spirit strongly witness that we all are the soldiers of the Lord." He made an interesting common about the First Vision that I would like to share. As we know, Joseph Smith went to a grove of trees and began to pray to his Heavenly Father and received the most astonishing experience in modern religious history. Joseph Smith represents each one of us, and every investigator, and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ represent the very first missionary companionship of this dispensation, asking the most important question, "What do I need to do to have eternal life?" and now, 192 years later, I am one of those missionaries answering the same questions that Joseph Smith had. It was a very humbling thought.

On Wednesday I wrote, "Today we had a lesson with Gilda and Marian at 9 a.m. As usual they had good questions for us from their Book of Mormon reading. After their questions we asked them both if they had decided on when they want to be baptized. Marian said yes and Gilda said no. She's just not quite ready to make the complete change. I definitely understand though. We're asking her to change almost all of her former beliefs and traditions. Marian originally wanted to be baptized this Friday, but we explained how she may not quite be ready, so we'll be doing her baptism next Tuesday or Friday (now Tuesday), depending on whether or not I have a change, because she wants me to baptize her. I'm really excited for her. I don't know if she completely understands the significance this change and these ordinances will have in her life, but I know that little by little she will begin to comprehend how much of a difference it will make in her life.

"This afternoon we had divisions with the assistants here in our area. At about 1:45-2 Elder Nelson and I started to plan for our day so that he would have more of an idea of what was going on and so that I would know more or less what our goal was in this division. It was really fun to walk around with Elder Nelson again. I had forgotten how much people stare and ask how tall he is. Upon leaving the house there was a man cleaning some tires, our neighbor who has nice cars. Elder Nelson said, "Let's talk to this guy." I had been thinking that since last week and just hadn't done it yet. So we started talking about the tires and then cars and he said, "Come inside." and we learned his name is Raul. He is 56 years old and is a widower. He has two children at home: a 16 year old daughter named Grecia and a 13 year old son named Emanuel. We hope to see a lot of progress with them.

"We proceeded on to familia Morataya where Elder Nelson met Olga and Reyna and learned more about Reyna's story. After almost 7 years of investigating the church, after our lesson Reyna decided to get married and baptized and accepted the date of the 14th of July. (Reyna wasn't withholding from baptism for a lack of desire or testimony, but other things).  It was a a great experience to walk around with Elder Nelson again and see how he has changed, and hopefully he has noticed positive changes in me as well."

On Thursday we had a lesson with Max and Xiumara, who came to church last Sunday and again yesterday! They said they really enjoyed church and felt very comfortabel and were glad their 2 year old son had a place to be. They had some great questions about church and they very much enjoyed the lesson that our Ward Mission Leader gave yesterday. I feel like the Lord has truly blessed us again this week! And I feel that Max and Xiumara will progress a lot.

On Friday morning we had another visit with Marian and Gilda. After the normal questions from their reading, we mentioned the baptism, and Gilda said, "If those are the interview questions, do you think I'm ready to be baptized too?" We both said "Yes!!" We promised her that she is ready and Gilda and Marian have decided to be baptized tomorrow! I'm so excited for them both! They will be the first convert baptisms the ward has seen all year. I'm so so SO excited!!!

I have more that I want to write... but my time is running out and I still have to write president! But I love this work and I know that the Lord is working with us and that this area is built for success! Oh, FYI, changes are this Wednesday, but Elder Hatch and I will be together for another 6 weeks!

Love,

Elder Andrew A. LaPray