I am running out of titles every week. There just aren't that many creative titles to come up with for missionary work. Although, I was thinking about a joke that my college Book of Mormon professor told us back at BYU. After the city of Ammon was converted to the gospel, they had a protest for modesty and changed their name to the Anti-Knee-Hi-Levis. Bad joke, I know, but it's "punny", right? Anyways...

This last week has gone by in a flash! It's ridiculous! Elder Hatch and I have just been kept really busy going from lesson to lesson. On Tuesday alone we had 6 lessons! However, our weekly total was only 21. Had we averaged 6 every day, except P-day and Wednesday, and Sunday, we would have had more than 24 lessons! But, I'm thankful to the Lord for the 21 lessons we did have because they were very successful lessons!

On Tuesday morning we had a lesson with Gilda and Marian and as usual we answered their various questions, which are always GREAT! They are really understanding the Book of Mormon as they read and showing strong desires of continuing to learn about the Church and the Gospel. After that we had several other lessons that came out of the woodwork for which we were extremely grateful as well. That night we had a lesson with our investigator Rubén and we watched "The Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd" to try to get him more interested in reading the Book of Mormon, and it worked! I lament to tell you that even at 6 p.m. I now get tired watching a movie for an hour. I don't know HOW I'll go back to a movie watching life after the mission. But that's a good thing, right?

On Thursday I went to another area in my district to do divisions. The divisions was kind of a way to kill two birds with one stone. It let Elder Hatch have the opportunity to be 100% senior comp in our area and see how to handle the situations, which I think probably helped him a lot. The other was to see how I could help the work in Parroquia and what kind of suggestions I could give to the area. I'm not a huge fan of divisions, but they went over really well on Thursday. It gave me a chance to get to meet some of the people I hear about every week and thus be able to give more constructive advice. They also have two investigators that live in our area, and now Elder Hatch and I can visit them as well.

On Friday we also had two great lessons and a lot of stuff fall through, but that's okay! We went to visit a part member family, Familia Morataya, and we were able to meet a young man named Esau, who is dating the daughter of that family. He had a lot of good questions for us and we were able to plant a seed with the Book of Mormon as we gave him a copy. He doesn't live in our area, but that's alright with us. The important thing is that he gets to know the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Saturday also consisted of a great day! It kind of went up really fasted and had some fallen plans, but three good lessons. We had a lesson with a young man named Neri who had a baptismal date back in February, but it fell the week before I came here and then he disappeared off the map. However, last week we found him again and we taught him on Saturday and just started over from the beginning, the Message of the Restoration. One of our other lessons was with a less-active and we shared with him Mosiah 21:15 and Mosiah 24:10-16. I like Mosiah 21:15... but it's kind of a little bit of cincho... verbal spanking... saying that the Lord was slow to respond to their prayers due to their lack of obedience, with a contrast in Mosiah 24 as we learn that the Lord does visit us in our trials and afflictions, but when we remember Him, rely on Him, and are obedient to his commandments.

Our last lesson on Saturday night was with Gilda and Marian. After we helped answer their questions about the Book of Mormon they asked us more about baptism... about who does it, who shows up, what kind of clothes you have to take, and all that kind of stuff. So at the end, half joking around, half serious, I asked, "So does that mean that you want to get baptized?" The answer was yes. They haven't told us a date yet, but they do want to get baptized and I think in this month! I am SO excited for them! They are really ready for baptism and they will be even more ready in a couple of weeks! This will be the first baptism in the ward, and they will be two, since November of 2011, so about 8 months, which is a very long drought.

On Sunday we had 5 investigators in church, which was absolutely awesome! And then we had a few visits later that afternoon. About 2 months ago exactly I told about how Elder Hatch and I had contacted a family that had quite the religious background with the reformed LDS and the Sabbatical Christians and what not... well, we were finally able to teach them again on Sunday afternoon! It was a great lesson! They even got the wife, Xiumara, a Book of Mormon so that they could read part of it together, which is absolutely awesome! They are very interested and then got the story line of the Book of Mormon very quickly! I'm so excited for the work here!

Now... this is something I wanted to save for the end... On Wednesday night Elder Hatch and I were sitting at our respective desks planning for the next day and out of the corner of my eye I saw something crawl out from under the shelf and make it's way over towards us and I looked and what was it... a TARANTULA!! So I yelled pretty loud, and it stopped moving. Then after about 5 minutes of freaking out and talking to Elder Hatch we put it in a plastic jug/jar... and then we killed it. I did NOT like that sucker. But it was't too bad. I'll attach pictures :)

Love,

Elder Andrew A. LaPray