Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

February 20, 2012

It is SUPER hard to whitewash an area but Elder Henriquez and I are doing work! It's been super crazy to be out in the mission field again, but I really enjoy it.
 
On Tuesday, as I was leaving the office, I cried, no joke. I passed half o my mission in that building, and it was really worrying to leave it behind, no joke. I was a little overcome with how I was going to handle with being a misisionary and a whole bunch of other stuff that came to mind, but that's gone now. Shocker of change conference... Elder Nelson is the new AP!!! Super cool! I knew  he would do work in the mission! He's a great guy! It was really really hard for me to say goodbye to Elder Barahona. He has honestly become one of my best friends! (Don't worry Brock, you still got number one!) But despite the few  dificulties we had, we became super close and it was really hard to leave him. I am extremely grateful to have been companions with a guy as great as Elder Barahona.
 
2 members, Benjamin and Victor, took us back to our house after change conference to know  our house. They were super helpful and have helped us get to know  the area a little bit. Elder Henriquez and I got semi unpacked and looked for a place to eat an couldn't find anything.  Some of the coolest people we have met in our area so far is the familia Jimenez! They are super sick! (Benjamin, Victor, their sister and their parents). It just so happens that Vicky, their mother, is the aunt of Oscar Azurdia, a less active I was visiting in Martí. It was super shocking but it was cool to be able to talk to someone about him and I wrote him a letter to thank him for letting me share the gospel again with him and share with him another little message. They gave us dinner too, eggs, beans, and bread. Delish! I'm gonna love them!
 
On Thursday at about 7:15, we realized that we had absolutely nothing to do, and we looked through our plans, nothing. So one of us, don't remember who, said, "We should look for Gloria", so that's what we did. When we got there she told us that she prayed that we would stop by and visit her. The day was almost over, but we were able to answer the prayer of a daughter of God.
 
I know it doesn't sound like much, and I had a lot more on my mind, but ultimately I just don't have anything else to write about... I don't know what happened. I had a really great week, and I love my new  area! I'm excited to be a missionary and to start my second year! On Thursday I will complete the year, and next Tuesday it will be exactly 1 year until I'm back home. How's that for super weird? Pretty soon when I say "a year ago" it will now be all in the mission, and when I say "a year from now" it will mean AFTER the mission. It's a super weird landmard in your mission, I'm not gonna lie.
 
Love,
Elder Andrew LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment