Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

August 29, 2011


Changes 2

TO: You + 3 More
Show Details

Message body

So I officially made it past the 6 month mark! I was going to burn a tie, but it was raining so I wasn't able to burn the tie, because I wasn't able to go up on the roof without getting totally soaked, so ya. But, I wanted to burn a tie. Oh well. FYI, everyone, I am getting changed! My companion, Elder Chavarría is staying in La Leyenda 3 and I am going... somewhere else? More to come next week! The suspense is killer, I know.

I'm trying to remember what we did on Monday night, and not a whole lot is coming to my mind... sorry? Tuesday was a great day though! Elder Chavarría and I got to go to the temple! Just the two of us. It's a long story. To make it short, he got permission to see his mom who was coming to the temple (from Nicaragua) so we went to zona 15 and Chava got to spend a few hours with his mom, which I'm sure was just absolutely amazing for him! We also go to enter a session with his mom and grandparents. I love the temple! And more importantly, Chava was thrilled to see his mom and get some stuff he needed. (We didn't get lost in the Red Light District this time, thank goodness!)

I'm having a hard time remembering what happened on Wednesday as well... I don't think I wrote much in my journal either. Although, speaking of my journal, I did finish off my first journal last week. I made it 6 months (and a couple days) with my journal! I was stoked to make it all the way through 6 months with it, I cut it pretty close though.  Before my mission I NEVER wrote about what happened to me, but I can really see the value of it now. Granted, some of the stuff is meaningless to anyone but me, some stuff might help someone else with something they are going through, I don't know. Good news is that we have a copy center right next to our house (it's literally part it the house) and so I copied my ENTIRE journal and got it bound (nothing special, but it is "bound") and it only cost Q30, which is $4.50 so not expensive at all, considering there were like, 80 pages. (I'm sending the original home in the mail so that it doesn't get damaged here in the mission).

Backwards to Wednesday night, we went and saw Maynor and Paty with Miguel and Brenda (Maynor and Paty [familia de Leon] still can't get married, but hopefully soon). We had no idea what we were going to talk about, but after the prayer Chava started talking about the Priesthood and it was absolutely perfect. I hope that Maynor prepares to receive the priesthood and comes to understand it's great value in our lives and it's great importance. Brenda shared a story that whenever her daughter has any sickness or problem, she goes and asks her dad for a blessing because she KNOWS it helps and makes a difference. She has an unwavering faith in the priesthood power, and faith makes a HUGE difference in how the priesthood works in our lives!

Oh, so on Friday morning I was reading in the May 2007 Ensign and while reading a tallk by Susan Tanner (former young women's general president) I had the not so profound but deeply meaningful thought that "there is power in knowing who we are". Knowing that we are children of God who have a divine potential to become like our Heavenly Father, gives us power and ability to resist the temptations of Satan as well as strength to overcome the trials and difficulties that face us in this life. It was really cool. I absolutely LOVE conference edition!

Sunday was mostly a good day. (Nothing to write about from Saturday). Church was normal. Maynor came to church, which is baller! (Ya, I can still say baller if I want!). Our only teaching cita (that's appointment in English, but cita is what I say, even when I'm speaking English) was with Maynor and Paty. We talked to Maynor a little bit more about repentance because that was the theme from Principles of the Gospel, and it was a very spiritual lesson, and I wish I could be around for when Maynor gets baptized. But, more importantly, it would be awesome to be able to attend his temple sealing a little over a year from now! After the lesson they fed us Hot Dogs, Guatemala style! (Called "Shucos" which translated means "Dirties"). They put Guacemole, lettuce, ketchup, mayo, and mustard. We all know I'm not THAT adventurous... but I did have the Guacemole and ketchup and it was absolutely AMAZING! I don't really like Guacemole or Avocado, but Paty makes it good!

I also cut my hair last night, but myself (mostly) and I must say it looks pretty good! Changes are on Wednesday, bright and early, so I'll let you know next week what happens. Love, Me Elder Andrew Anderson LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment