This last week has seriously been NUTS!!!

I don't remember if I said this last week or not, but with the news of me training, I will be dying in Sayaxché as DL/trainer, which will give me a grand total in my mission of 10 STRAIGHT changes as DL, which is the equivalent of 14 months! It's absolutely NUTS! But, I am SUPER stoked!!

On Tuesday we went visiting members and investigators so that E. Bobadilla could say goodbye. It was a FULL day schedule! We left at 8 a.m. and got back at 7:00 p.m. We visited a good portion of the branch. We also had our last lesson with Darlyn ot get her ready for the baptismal interview.

On Wednesday morning Elder Bobadilla and I left Sayaxché for Santa Elena for changes. Usually we would meet up in BK to get the changes, but when we got to the ZL's house they already had changes!! I was shocked! E. Bobadilla went to an area called Tucuru in the Polochic to learn Q'eqchi'! Super crazy! I hope he does well up there! It's far away! With how blunt the Q'eqchi' people are, I hope they don't talk too much about his eye... the good news is that he has gotten over it.

I'm not sure why, but we ended up staying the day in the ZL's house. However, it gave me an awesome chance to talk to E. Ware who is AWESOME! We talked about a lot of cool/interesting topics! I think we get along so well because we have similar personalities, but not the same. They actually have the color personality test which tells you if you are red, blue, white or yellow... I took the test and turned out 22 red, 16 blue, 3 white and 3 yellow. If you haven't ever taken that test, you should! It's very interesting. Supposedly a red-blue combination is not very common, but they have some interesting personality traits that definitely describe me. I don't want to give it all away...

At about 11:00 pm on Wednesday night, my new companion, Elder Cody Hill, got to Petén! He is from Colorado Springs and is LEGIT! He goes to BYU and is in the ROTC and wants to join the army. He's tall! 6'4 and just awesome! We get a long ridiculously well! On Thursday morning we were in the bus on the way to Sayaxché and talked most of the bus ride, then we went with the ZLs to do the baptismal interviews for Friday and Saturday, and then... we had to go clean the baptismal font! What a wonderful welcome to Sayaxché, right? We spent about 2 hours cleaning the pila (font), which was super dirty, and then we went to the branch activity, and then we didnt have anyone to go out with us, so we had to stay home.

On Friday we did our weekly planning and Elder Hill met a less-active named Marvin who is doing EXCELLENTLY! He has improved a lot since we started working with him! And we had the baptism. We had a LOT of people in attendance!

Saturday was also a good day! We did our studies in the morning, got in a few contacts, and then we had the baptism. Unfortunately that was the last place we went... We were at the chapel from 2:45 until 6:30 and then we had to go home. However, Saturday's baptism was also awesome! It was really quick too! I forget how FAST the baptismal ordinance is over!

Overall, my first week with Elder Hill has been awesome! We are going to be GREAT companions and have a stellar companionship! He has such an incredible drive to work and be obedient and do everything! We went running on Friday and Saturday and I just about DIED from running on my toes. Supposedly it's better for your knees, so I ran 2 miles on my toes and my calves were KILLING me for 2 days! However, now they're back to almost normal :)

Stoked for this next week! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Andrew A. LaPray