On Tuesday I hit 20 months which is just MIND blowing! You don't even realize it and you slowly go from being one of the youngest people to one of the oldest and when you realize it you're going home. 

At around 4 p.m. on Tuesday we ended up looking for a couple we had contaced and taught about a month ago and we found the house and contacted the woman's mother, Mari Carpio, and taught her a short lesson and set up plans to go back on Sunday evening. Hopefully things will turn out well there! At 5 we had our weekly mission correlation meeting and talked about how things are going in the work and the branch visits to try to reactivate and get more people to church. Hopefully we see results in the next couple of weeks!

I had a cold all last week that just wiped me out! I was just super exhausted on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but we still went out to do our work. On Wednesday afternoon our first visit was with Alicia. It was a little hard to focus because of our colds, but we had a good lesson and talked a little bit more about receiving an answer and baptism for the remission of sins. I truly believe that she will slowly come to know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that this is the only true Church upon the face of the earth. We later passed by Dora, whom we met last week. Our visit with her was a little interesting, but it all turned out well as she has a true desire to receive and answer and has already asked to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet and is going to continue looking for an answer. 

Thursday was Elder Flores's birthday. Friday morning whie Elder Bobadilla was sick, after studying for an hour and a half and I needed to take a break and I started to think about math, and I wanted to figure out the quadratic formula, I know I'm super weird, but I did. So, I was having trouble remembering one of the values, but I knew the majority of it which is    x=-b + or - the squareroot of b squared -4ac all over 2a... Well, I couldn't remember the value "-b" but I created an equation and then solved as if I the variable "-b" were an unknown but I knew x, b, a and c and I just didn't know what to put in the location of "-b" if that makes sense.... the point is that I solved the equation and remembered the quadratic formula. Sweet, right? I guess. On Friday night while we were by the house there were some kids outside playing football where there is a trampoline, so I asked if I could do a backflip, and they said yes! But, it wasn't a spring trampoline, it was fabric, so I didn't jump a lot, but I was able to do it! Hooray! 

Sunday was excellent! I'm just going to copy my journal entry!

"What an excellent Sunday! Brandon came to church by himself because familia Lemus is in Coban. We only had 39 people in sacrament meeting today and I shared my grandpa´s talk "Take Up Your Cross". I know at least one person liked it. I gave the lesson in priesthood from conference, "How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration in Your Life" by Elder Richard G. Scott. Interestingly we took a moment to talk about discerning whether or not a particular deram is a message from God or our own imagination. After Church was over we taught Brandon about the Law of Chastisty and the Sabbath Day with Nohemí. He is offically ready for a baptismal interview. After a quick lunch we went to see Luis and Seily and Nohemí came with us, but they weren't home. We ended up talking to her sister, Margarita, who lent us her phone and we taught her about the Book of Mormon and gave her a copy. We then went to see Norma as an idea that came to my mind and I asked her why she decided to read the Book of Mormon.... and I focused a little more to the Bible. Last we met familia Asevedo Carpio, Genaro, Mari, and Rolando. They seem extremely interested and we shared with them about the Book of Mormon and Hno Genaro was EXTREMELY interested in learning more about where it came from, why we have it, and wants to know if it is true! We're going back next Sunday!!"

Love you,

Elder Andrew A. LaPray