----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Andrew LaPray <andrew.lapray@myldsmail.net>
To: Brian LaPray <bjlapray@yahoo.com>; Brian LaPray <bjlapray@gmail.com>; Tom Duncan <teeduncan@gmail.com>; Emily Duncan <bowsbyduncan@gmail.com>; sblapray <sblapray@yahoo.com>; Alexis LaPray <alexismarie17@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 3:24 PM
Subject: 20 Months!

No, I'm really not baggy! But it's a HUGE number!!!! That's 5/6 of a mission! Elder Bobadilla is hitting a grand total of 2 months today! These last couple of months are just going to fly right away from me, and I know it! These last two changes here in Petén have felt like the blink of an eye, you have NO idea!! 

On Tuesday morning we had our Zone Conference with Elder Kevin R. Duncan of the 1st quorum of the 70, second counselor in the Central America Area Presidency. It was an excellent conference! I was asked to play the prelude, hymns, and the interlude. I spent a LOT of time practice "Come, Oh Thou King of Kings" and it was the only hymn I was able to play with both hands, but I did alright. The rest was all with the top hand only, but way better than nothing. Elder Duncan took the time to get to know each one of us, and I was very last in line. I thought that might be an advantage... nope. I was the one who got "rushed" through... but what can you do. It was still cool. I know we shouldn't think like this, but later than night I was talking to Elder Vestal and we both said, "What if he became one of the next Apostles?"... just saying, it would be pretty cool. 

One of the things he talked about that really called my attention was the process of calling a mission president. It had a lot of focus on the fact that the Lord has prepared mission presidents for His missionaries and missionaries for specific presidents. It was a cool experience to remind me, like I already know, that the Lord has a great plan for each and every one of His children and He knows ALL of our needs! Why else would I be in the same mission as Elder Llewelyn? I just have ENDLESS experiences and testimony to know that He is the Great Architect of this divine plan. 

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all great days for our area! On Wednesday we talked to Alicia and later to Dora who both seem to have been prepared to hear and accept this Gospel. On Friday we visited Alicia again and we also visited Seily Paau, another person who seems to have been prepared to accept the Gospel!

Yesterday we went to Las Pozas. We have a familia in that aldeas(villages) named Familia Lemus who are AWESOME (members) and she always gives us lunch when we go out there, which is once a week. Yesterday's lunch was delicious! Rice and chicken... and then we taugth a lesson to our investigator Brandon, who is scheduled to be baptized on the 8th of November. When we were about to leave she asked if we wanted to try "ayote con leche"... which is like a tender green pumpkin/squash boiled in milk. It sounds super gross, right? Well, it actually wasn't too bad, but after a while I didn't like the texture too much, but it's Guatemala, you eat all sorts of stuff :)

Love,

Elder Andrew A. LaPray