Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

November 19,2011

There are less than 100 days before I hit a year. I know that may sound like a lot, but it's really not! I remember when I thought having 100 days in the mission felt like a lot. Ya no. (In spanish that means not anymore). This was another pretty good week! Last week of the change in fact!! Next week I get a new companion, right before Thanksgiving (more to come later).
 
Monday was absolutely fabulous. I prefer having Mondays as regular working days and Saturdays as Pday, not gonna lie. It seems more like a normal thing I guess you could say. Anyways... Sunday afternoon as we were getting ready to leave for the area, I called Carla to see how she was doing and if she needed anything from us since we were going to be in the area and she said that she was feeling really weak, but aksed if we could pass by tomorrow (Monday) and I said of course and now here we are on Monday. I've come to realize more and more how much of a miracle it was and how much we needed to go and knock on Carla's door. Today when Elder Spilker and I tried to enter her street the guard stopped us and said "Where are you going" "What's your purpose" and a whole bunch of other questions. Had we not had a specific house and name of where we were going, he would NOT have let us in. In addition, we even had to leave behind ID. With this kind of criteria Elder Williams and I never would have gotten through a couple weeks ago. But, for some reason, the other guard didn't say a single thing to us two weeks ago. It's just another great manifestation of the love of God and the ways He brings about His divine purposes!
 
Carla was weak again today, but asked us if we would give her a blessing, so I was the one who pronounced the blessing once again, but this time a lot less nervous now that I knew her and her situation and I felt everything was slightly more in tune, I don't know how to explain. Afterward she asked us if we could "talk to her about God", and of course our answer was yes. I talked to her a little about the great love that our Heavenly Father has for her and the many ways he has showed it and also talked a little bit about how the gospel blesses us and the purpose of prophets. Carla has been inactive for quite a long while now and would like us to reteach her as if she had never known anything at all. I'm extremely grateful to be a part of her spiritual journey back to the gospel. I don't know how to explain it, but sometimes I feel like there are certain people here in the mission that I have known for my entire life, or even before this life and I'm just doing something I always knew was going to happen. Just like, some special connection that was before the world. I don't know how to explain it, but it is a very powerful and spiritual experience!
 
That was the climax of the week and super awesome!!
 
Tuesday we did splits with a couple members and we were able to get 3 lessons with member which was AWESOME! and they were really great lessons! On Wednesday we had district meeting and had a GREAT message about setting and completing goals based on the desires of our heart coupled with some great scriptures about Alma the Younger in his missionary efforts! I wrote down a whole thing in my journal, but it would take a while to explain it all. If you want to look it up and see how Alma set his goals and what kind of things he did in the process the scriptures, in order, are Alma 29:4, Alma 8:10, Alma 10:11, Alma 16:15, Alma 31:32-34, Alma 31:30-31, Alma 17:5 and Alma 25:17. It's a great chain!!
 
now.... for the big exciting news about my change! I am.................... staying in the office. But I will be getting a new companion. I will be senior companion *gulp*. My companion's name is Elder Barahona and he is fromHonduras. And he is 22. Ya. I don't know. I think we will get along great! I've never met him... but I'm worried about having 2 latinos and 2 gringos. (Me and Elder Francks and Elder Cantillo and Elder Barahona). It shouldn't be like this, but it ALWAYS happens that we polarize and take sides. I would rather just be with my companion and always be happy, but, i don't know if it will work like that. I sure hope so! More news to come next week!!! Love you all!!
 
Love,
Elder Andrew LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment