Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 2011

Message body

 
 Well that stinks! I just wrote out like three paragraphs and then it got deleted! SUPER frustrating! Not that exciting here in the office and I totally just lost all desire to want to write out what I just wrote again... but I'm going to do it anyways, you're welcome.
 
Last Saturday was the baptism of René. It was a great experience and he was baptized by his older brother Freddy. Sorry, that's about all the detail there is.
 
I really enjoy fast and testimony meeting, even though I'm not very good at the fasting part with my acid reflux, I do what I can. I'm still really frustrated about the email getting deleted, sorry. Anyways... Last Sunday was an extremely great blessing because Lourdis, Carla, and their mother came to church again! It was really cool to be able to see them in church and participate in Sacrament meeting. It strengthened my testimony once again of God's incomprehensible love for us, His perfect knowledge of us, and his consistency in manifesting that love to us! (For further explanation see last week's blog). I hope that Carla can keep coming to church to experience more fully the comfort we receive from the Spirit and the teachings of our Savior, Jesus Christ. On Sunday afternoon I did divisions with a missionary named Elder Aguilar who got his wisdom teeth taken out a few days ago. We mostly just did a lot of contacting, but contacting is SUPER important, otherwise people don't get the opportunity to hear the "good news" which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I just wish more people would accept it.
 
Monday in the office was SUPER long! I spent literally the whole time working on future missionary recommendations. I was updating all of the information we had received from them and then making a list of everything that they were lacking to be completed and then I wrote that up in a report to send out to all of the District Presidents and for President Watts. It was a vbery long and tedious process, but super important so that these members can fulfill their desire of serving the Lord like I am doing right now to share the Everlasting Gospel with all those who will listen. 
 
Unfortunately that's pretty much it for experiences this week. Not really anything to write about from Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, or Yesterday. Yes, I am still working, just not really like experiences to share if you know what I mean? It would be really boring and nothing uplifting I guess you could say. 
 
But, I am here, serving our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, in His work, to bring to pass the immortality and the eternal life of man! How great is my calling? I hope that we can ALL particpate somehow in this great and marvelous work, at least by letting the light of Christ shine through us, and having His countenance engraven upon our own.
 
Love,
Elder Andrew LaPray 

No comments:

Post a Comment