Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011







Hey,

I am almost out of deoderant and if you could love me enough to send me some more of the women´s extra strength deoderant that'd be lovely! Deoderant is wicked expensive here! It's almost 4 bucks! I was also wondering if Grandpa Al kept a journal on his mission? Mom, what are some good activities that Elder Nelson and I could theoretically do to get kids involved in a lesson or maybe in an FHE?

So this week has seemed like an absolute eternity! Not necessarily in a bad way; it just seems to go on and on and on...but I guess technically it's a new week. On Monday night we spent the whole night in the house because Elder Nelson could barely walk because of some bites on his ankle. Tuesday is exactly the same... we spent the WHOLE day in the house. It was SO boring! BUT, I finally finished the Book of Mormon... and I'm very sad to say that I think it was probably the first legitimate time reading though the entire Book of Mormon, front to back, by myself. Even worse, I started reading it back in September... the very beginning of September. So, it took me just about 8 months. My goal is to read it again, in Spanish, by the end of September. I love reading the Book of Mormon though! Before I finished it I would start reading it during breakfast... about 7:30-7:45 and wouldn't stop until about 9:00. It was fantastic! Read the Book of Mormon frequently! President Hinckley's promise from some 7ish years ago still holds true! If you read the Book of Mormon you will receive countless blessings! Do it!

Wednesday we finally got out to work! It was a good day! We had district meeting in the morning and then ate lunch as a district in a little restraunt type thing next to our house that was really good! (By the way, Elder Llewelyn and I saw each other EVERY day last week! And Today... so we're on at least an 8 day streak or something like that? Maybe more?) On Wednesday afternoon we had a lesson with a guy named Luis Medina who is about 28. He has been taught off and on from the missionaries since about December and has had several baptismal dates but they have all fallen through due to certain problems. But. He has a fecha (date) for the 11th of June! That night we also had a powerful lesson on faith with Mynor de Leon (husband of a member) with two other members present who were very helpful sharing testimonies and just over all befriending Mynor! As soon as he and his wife get married I'm sure he'll get married, we just want to make sure he does it with a testimony! After that lesson they fed us AMAZING tamales and we got SOAKED on the way back home. It took us about 15 minutes to walk down the hill and get home so we were pretty wet.

On Thursday morning I had my first bucket shower. Our cistern was out of water to we pulled up water with a bucket, put it in a bigger bucket, took it into the shower, and poured the water on myself slowly. It SUCKED! And that's how we've been showering ever since! Our weekly planning was very effective and we FINALLY found Jessica´s house(an investigator). She's read the testimonies at the front and she came to church on sunday, we went back and taught her Sunday afternoon with a member and set a fecha of June 21st, her 19th birthday!

Friday... I don't know what happened. Friday night there was a staketalent show and I realized that Guatemalan talent shows are a lot like the ones in the U.S... full of weird talents and a lot of dancing... but the Guatemalans did a whole bunch of dances to American music from the 20s, 50s, 60s which included some Elvis. It was so funny! The highlight was seeing Charlie Chaplin randomly showing up in the dance to the Charlston.

On Saturday we went to a place in our area called Carrizal which is way far away, but it was SOOOO beautiful! That's about it... I'll tell you all about Sunday next week.

Love, Elder LaPray!

No comments:

Post a Comment