Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lots to Write About - April 13, 2011

Last Wednesday, as with all Wednesdays, we had the opportunity to go
to the temple, but this time, everything was in Spanish! It was way
cool and I was surprised that I understood almost every thing! It
might be because I knew what would be happening in English, but I
think it's probably something more like the gift of tongues. I was
absolutely thrilled! I have 2 Latino companions this time around!
Elder Chen, he's a Guatemalteco, and Elder Gil, from Mexico. They are
both really awesome! I love them! Sometimes I don't understand what
Elder Gil is saying because he speaks faster and a little differently,
but it's all good! They are the Latino Zone Leaders, so that's pretty
cool.

Last Wednesday I also went to the doctor to get my wart frozen off
again. No big deal, same ol' same ol'. He froze it, the blister came,
and that was that. Then Elder Willardson and I went running errands
with one of the supervisors Hno. Dubón (he took us to the doctor so
while we were out we went running errands) and we went to Office
depot, a couple drug stores, and their version of Sam's club. It was
pretty cool to just get out of the CCM, see some more of Guatemala,
and talk to Hno. Dubón about Guatemala. It was cool.

The next morning I was playing soccer and I fell down. You'll never
guess what happened... my blister totally popped. Talk about a waste
of time getting it frozen off. So now I've had the pleasure of having
to cut off the blister and letting the wound heal the old fashion way,
not the greatest thing, but, Hey, I'm in Guatemala and not in the rain
and snow and what not of Idaho :) So I'll take that over the wart
thing any day. Last Thursday night all of the Mission Presidents from
Central America came and we got to meet our Mission President,
President Torres, and he gave us a little Q&A for about 30 minutes. He
is fantastic, and so is his wife! I can't wait to get out in the field
and start working with them! I talked to Sister Torres afterwards in
Spanish and she was surprised at how good my Spanish was and told me
she thought I was a Latino (I think she was kidding cause I'm pretty
freaking white) but I still felt good!

I am skipping two days, I'm sorry, but just know that on Friday and
Saturday I got to know my Latino companions better and we taught a few
lessons and felt the Spirit. I also read my Patriarchal Blessing
searching for personal revelation and it was an absolutely fantastic
experience that I won't really write about, it's personal, duh!

Sunday was absolutely PHENOMENAL! We had 4 genearl authorities come to
Sacrament meeting and give a devotional! The Area presidency, which
includes a member of the 1st Quorum of 70 and 2 of the 2nd Quorum of
70, President Clarke, Elder Falabella, and Elder Martino, and the
icing on the cake, Elder Hinckley! It was so good! Elder Hinckley
looks almost exactly like his father. Elder Hinckley shared some
really special and personal experiences about his parents that I wrote
down and it just reminded me of the short time I was able to spend
with his mother, sister, and father President Hinckley and how
incredible that experience was! I also had the opportunity of eating
lunch with Elder and Sister Hinckley so that was pretty awesome as
well.

I have a minute left! AH!

On Monday Elder Willardson and I had the opportunity to teach our
teacher as a progressive investigator and it was absolutely
incredible! I truly believe in the gift of tongues! Elder Willardson
was absolutely incredible with his Spanish! The more and more we teach
together the more and more we teach to the needs of the investigator
rather than teaching a lesson! And the more and more we teach by the
Spirit! I love it!
Love Lder LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment