And once again it's time for changes!! For me it feels like changes were last week. Or tops 2 weeks ago. Time has just gone by super fast here in Petèn! I don't know if it's all the traveling or what, but day to day just is ridiculously fast! Elder Castillo is training, but going to the cap and whitewashing an area and I am also training, but staying here in Sayaxchè. 

This morning Elder Castillo and I left Sayaxche at 7 a.m. and his bus left to the capital at 10 a.m. He'll be riding solo for about 10 hours to the capital. I've been with the ZLs all day today and will be with them all day tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday at about 12:00 a.m. my new companion will get here from the capital, we'll sleep at the ZLs house, and then on Thursday morning we'll head to Sayaxche and get there around 9 a.m. more or less. These next couple days will be interesting. I'll kind of be the 3rd wheel  to the ZLs... just kind of there. 

 On September 4th I wrote the following in my journal:

"Today my Grandpa Anderson turns 84. Somewhere in my Spanish triple I have a comment written about the importance of names and respresenting them. I believe it is in Helaman when he explains to his sons why they are named Nephi and Lehi. Correct. Helaman 5:6. I don't know why exactly my parents gave me Anderson for a middle name, but I am grateful to represent the Anderson family as well as the LaPray family. Helaman tells us that when they remember their names, they might also remember their ancestors and what they did. On this, the 84th birthday of my maternal grandfather, I would like to recognize his greatness in my sight. As far as I'm concerned, he has never tried to be recognized or well known, yet he is. He has taught me wonderful lessons throughout my life, and given me beautiful memories. I can remember him giving me rides on his old tractor, making a mouse out of a handkerchief, treating my grandmother like a queen, a powerful testimony of the gospel, many holidays in their home, living just 3 blocks away, seeing him in church singing the hymns from memory, always being excited to see me, calling me his Guatemalan Kid, telling me about going to school on a horse, math being called arithmetic, getting their first refrigerator, giving temple preparation classes to Colton and me, telling me his missionary stories, and hundreds more. I do not know how much longer my  grandpa will live, but I hope and pray with all my heart that he will be around for one more hug when I get back next year. When I think of my middle name, I think of my beloved grandparents and the influence they have had in the lives of thousands, but more importantly in mine. I love you Grandpa Al."

Some of you who know me, may know that I have some really weird things about me. One of these weird things is that I LOVE putting on a brand new pair of socks.  If I could, I would wear a pair of socks 10 times and then get a new one, just to get that feeling back. Well, last year I had my parents send me more socks in case I lost some or they got holes, and now that I only have 6 months left, I decided to start using them. It was the first time I had put on new socks in 18 months and it felt SO good! Nice and soft and fuzzy and yes!

September 7th, 2012, "This morning while listening to the music on my memory card the Primary song "Teacher, do you love me?" came on. In Spanish, teacher is "maestro", and in English, "maestro" is master and "maestro" and master are both titles for Jesus Christ, even the perfect teacher. Often in English a child says "Teacher" in a very humble, affectionate manner. All of this made me reflect on these lyrics in a different light, as if the child were speaking to Christ, calling him "Teacher". The lyrics are as follows; 'Teacher, do you love me? Teacher, will you care for me? Even if I turn away, or disobey, or go astray then will you love me still? Teacher, will you teach me? Teacher, help me choose the right. When I do not understand the Lord's commands, please take my hand and lead me safely with His light. I need your love, I need your light to show me how to be like Jesus. The Savior's love will light the path to lead me safely home". Now obviously the last 2 lines are talking about the Savior and notto him, but thinking about this song in the innocence of a child speaking to his "Teacher", Jesus Christ, filled me with peace and awe upon thinking of the message our Heavenly Father has for us, even in Primary songs."

I'm nervous and excited for these next two changes that will  be coming here in Sayaxchè, but as I have testified throughout my mission, there are no coincidences. If the Lord needs me to train right now, there's a reason. For me, for my new comp, and for those here in Sayaxchè. Let us trust in the Lord and fulfill are calling, whether itseems important, are calling is always to build up the Kingdom of Christ on this earth.

Love,
Elder Andrew A. LaPray