Last week the internet was super slow, so I wasn't able to write a good email, so I will do what I can to knock out two weeks in one.

Last Wednesday we went to Santa Elena to have a training with the ZLs after they had Zone Leader Council. It was just with the DLs and their companions. It was super sweet. And then on Thursday we had our district meeting based upon that training. It was really good. My Zone Leaders are Elder Barahona and Elder Vestal(from Colorado). They came to our district meeting, which was perfect. It really helped in testifying about the importance of companionship study. I don't think I ever mentioned this, but back in my first couple weeks with Elder Barahona, we did not get along very well. We had a lot of difficulties in our companionship and we didn't really have many opportunities to talk about it because of our assignment as Finance Elders. However, one day we made time to talk about it due to something that had happened. That was the closest to a companionship study that we ever got, but companionship study has a purpose of "unifying companions". Because of that first "comp study" Elder Barahona and I had, we completely changed our companionship and became friends. Comp study is super important, and it's helping me realize how important a "companionship study" will be in my future marriage. Even President and Sister Watts have comp study every day.

ON Saturday the 11th we went to an aldea(village) named Las Pozas which is about 30 minutes away in bus (in my area) to try to contact and see if there is anyone there ready for the gospel. THere is a LOT of Q'eqchi', but we found a man named Bernardo who was very interested in our message and had a lot of great questions for us. Hopefully we can keep teaching him every Saturday.

As I said last week, we went to Tikal on Monday, which was absolutely incredible. Looking at these great temple and buildings you marvel at how they could construct such buildings with what we would call a "lack of technology". It was pretty cool.

On Thursday we were cleaning our house to get ready for a cleaning check and we found mice. Good stories, but definitely not going in the email. (Brock, I'll tell you all about when I get home. Hilarious!) But... we had about 8 mice in the house. 3 adult and 5 babies. We spent a good 3 hours cleaning our house that morning, and we still didn't pass the inspection at 100%. I forgot to clean the lip of the refrigerator, which was absolutely DISGUSTING. Welcome to missionary homes.

On Saturday we went to Las Pozas again and we did a lot of contacting and while we were there we found a lake! In the middle of nowhere! It was super cool! We got some awesome pictures. We were also able to teach Bernardo once again and he was able to read a LITTLE bit of the Book of Mormon but we read 3 Nephi 11 with him and he really liked it and told us that he wants to receive an answer to know if it's true or not and you can see his sincerity.

As for Sunday, I ran out of time to tell it all like I want to, so next week I will quote my journal because it's a really great entry!

I'm doing well here in Sayaxché. My mom tells me that is it currently 81 degrees with 48% humidity and light winds. The winds REALLY make a difference here. The work is going well and I am working hard! On Thursday I hit 18 months. CRAZY!!! I have to make the last 6 count! Even more than the first 18. Good news from Las Victorias, one of my investigators named Stuardo Polanco is going to be baptized here in a couple of weeks!!

Love,
Elder Andrew A. LaPray